Three dangerous days are upon us! According to facts obtained from the National Fire Protection Association the top three days of the year for home candle fires are Christmas, New Year’s Day, and Christmas Eve. Although we appreciate all of the citizens of our fire district, we do not care to visit you during these three days and would prefer to just spend the holidays relaxing in the fire station! Be safe out there so we can stay safe too!
Facts about home holiday fires
- One of every four home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems.
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious. On average, one of every 32 reported home Christmas tree fires results in a death compared to an average of one death per 143 total reported home fires.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes one in every four Christmas tree fires.
- The top three days for home candle fires are Christmas, New Year’s Day, and Christmas Eve.
- Candles start two out of five home decoration structure fires.