At Lyndon Fire and Rescue, we strive to constantly stay involved with our community. We provide a wide range of services, from fire house tours to voluntary home safety inspections. If you have a questions regarding Fire Prevention and cannot find the answer here, or simply need more information, please feel free to Contact Us for assistance.
Home Safety Inspections
If you would like information regarding items in your home that present potentially dangerous situations, contact us regarding a Voluntary Home Safety Inspection. This inspection is provided free of charge.
We will come to your home, at your request, to identify things such as:
- Improper use of extension cords
- Unsafe storage of chemicals
- Proper location, or lack thereof, of smoke detectors
- Check to make sure smoke detectors are in good working order
- Proper location, or lack thereof, of carbon monoxide detectors
- Check to make sure carbon monoxide detectors are in good working order
- Make sure address is visible from street
Upon identification of potentially dangerous or inadequate items, we will make recommendations to you as to how you can correct these matters in order to provide a safer living environment for you and your family.
Remember; this inspection is completely voluntary, as are the recommendations we provide. If you would like to schedule an inspection, please email our Fire Prevention Bureau or call (502) 425-7474.