Jefferson County residents affected by the recent flood may drop off debris at any of seven sites beginning today through March 24. Six of the sites will be open Thursday-Saturday from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m. The Waste Reduction Center, 636 Meriwether Avenue, will be open Monday-Saturday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. No yard waste or construction debris other than flood-damaged drywall and insulation will be accepted. Electronics must be separated from other items. To qualify for free drop-off, residents must present two forms of identification verifying Louisville residency.
The Thursday-Saturday sites are as follows:
· Bethany Lane, 10500 Lower River Road
· Newburg Community Center, 4810 Exeter Avenue
· Outer Loop Recycling Center, 7201 Outer Loop
· Dixie Recycling Center, 7219 Dixie Highway
· Charlie Vettiner Park, 5550 Charlie Vettiner Park Road
· Hubbards Lane Recycling Center, 595 Hubbards Lane
Those who cannot drop off debris at the sites listed above may request pickup service. These requests must be made by telephone or email no later than 5 p.m. on March 9 to 574-3571 (ext. 0) or firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is for flood-damaged items only.