Fire Inspections and Permits
Since initiating its Fire Prevention Bureau in 1953, Lyndon Fire and Rescue has been a leader in fire prevention practices. Today, Lyndon Fire has primary jurisdiction in its district for inspections at commercial, business and multi-family properties. As the authority having jurisdiction our inspectors will conduct over 1,400 annual inspections, identifying over 2,000 violations and hazards.
Fees for inspections and permits are established by local ordinance. The fee is based upon the size (square foot) of the business or number of units in the apartment complex. The fee is collected and adminstered by Fire Recovery USA out of Rossmore, CA. This fee will include one (1) follow-up inspection if needed. Failure to correct violations by the date noted on the inspection will cause additional inspections which will result in additional fees and could initiate criminal citations.
To increase efficiency while at the same time reducing costs, Lyndon Fire and Rescue utilizes an electronic system for its inspections, permits and invoicing.
By utilizing the latest technology, you will receive quicker reporting from our inspectors allowing you to better protect your business investment, employees and customers.
Please review the following information regarding your fire inspections and permits:
Saving Time and Money – New Electronic Inspections, Permits and Invoices are Fast, Simple and Easy!
- Lyndon Fire and Rescue has partnered with Fire Recovery USA and Firehouse software to provide electronic fire inspection reporting, permits and invoicing.
- Inspection Notices, Permits and Invoices will be electronically delivered and tracked to the email address you provide to our inspectors.
- Inspection notices will come to you from firstname.lastname@example.org. Invoices will come from email@example.com.
- You will have the option of several payment methods. Simply follow the online instructions at www.theinspectionhub.com to make your payment.
Your Inspection and Permit fees help to keep the following services available to your families, employees and customers at No Charge:
- Fire and Building code consultations
- Preliminary Site Reviews
- Employee Fire Safety and Awareness Education; response and in-service trainings
- Fire Safety educational programs for schools and community groups
- Community events spotlighting Safety and Wellness
Here is some additional information regarding common code and fire safety questions: