Did you know?

More than 150 people in the U.S. die every year from accidental nonfire-related carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide or CO is a colorless and odorless gas. CO poisoning can occur when a fuel-burning appliance or machine, such as a furnace, heater or generator, is not working or vented properly. Breathing in CO at high levels can be fatal.

Learn what you can do to protect your family from the dangers of CO.

  •  Install and maintain CO alarms inside your home to provide early
    warning of CO.
  •  Install CO alarms in a central location outside each separate sleeping
    area and on every level of your home.
  •  Use portable generators outdoors in well-ventilated areas away from all
    doors, windows and vents.
  • Make sure vents for the dryer, furnace, stove and fireplace are clear of
    snow and other debris.

About Major John Stich

Major Stich was born and raised in Lyndon. He joined LFR as a fire cadet in 1972 becoming a volunteer firefighter in 1974. He has served as Apparatus Maintenance Officer, Training Officer, Company Officer and Battalion Chief. Since 1984 he has served in a career capacity as Fire Marshal, responsible for fire prevention, code enforcement and fire safety education.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *