Many things in your home can catch on fire if they touch a flame or something hot.
Any open flame is dangerous. If possible, use battery-operated candles. If you use candles in your home, prevent a fire by making sure the below statements are true in your home!
  • Put candles in sturdy holders.
  • Place candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
  • Make sure candles cannot be reached by children or pets.
  • Blow out all candles if you leave the room, get sleepy, or go to bed.

Source for Content: U.S. Fire Administration

 

About Major John Stich

Major Stich was born and raised in Lyndon. He joined LFR as a fire cadet in 1972 becoming a volunteer firefighter in 1974. He has served as Apparatus Maintenance Officer, Training Officer, Company Officer and Battalion Chief. Since 1984 he has served in a career capacity as Fire Marshal, responsible for fire prevention, code enforcement and fire safety education.

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *